28 October 2009

Bonus Illness

Woke up with severe belly pain last night. After trying to pretend it wasn't that bad, I finally had to go to the ER. Not as easy as it sounds with TheHusband still in Rome. I tried calling a friend, but she didn't answer her phone. I finally called the only family I have in the area -- my cousin's in-laws. They are amazingly wonderful people who didn't bat an eyelash when they got a call at 2:45 am. They both came over. Bev stayed at the house so that there was someone here for Allison, and Ben came to the ER with me. It was very comforting for me to know that Allison was safe and that I had someone there for me, too.

It turned out to be a kidney stone. Like I need another painful malady. I mean WTF? I can report that pain from a kidney stone is worse than that from a herniated disc. Not that I really wanted to know that, mind you.

I got home around 6:40 am, all drugged up. I called a coworker at around 8:30 to tell him what happened and that I would make it in for a meeting at 1 pm. Not long after that my boss called and told me to be real, stay home, and take care of myself. So I did. I still feel generally crappy but not as bad as I did earlier. The friend who I couldn't reach last night is sleeping here tonight, just in case. I am hoping that Murphy's Law kicks in. Since I am planning for something bad to happen, nothing will...

I can't wait until TheHusband is home (tomorrow).

6 comments:

Janiece said...

Wow, does that suck. Did you drown puppies in a former life or something?

vince said...

See, now the herniated disc doesn't feel so bad and you can skip the surgery.

Why yes, I like the fantasy world where I live.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a better night's sleep last night.

Ilya said...

Hope you're doing better. This really sucks!

ntsc said...

Murphy was an optimist

Carol Elaine said...

I hope you're feeling much better, neurondoc, lo these many days later. My sister gets kidney stones and has to get surgery every few years when the medication decides it doesn't want to work any more.

I really hope that it dissolves and no surgery is needed.