27 March 2009

Big!

Just a quickie post to show a totally cool picture that warms my science-y heart. Here is a picture of the ash cloud from Mt. Redoubt taken from a geostationary satellite that is over Asia. That is freaking enormous!


Photo courtesy of the National Weather Service, processed by the Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Picture Date: March 26, 2009 17:30:00 UTC. Downloaded from http://www.avo.alaska.edu/image.php?id=17104

Bite me, Bobby Jindal. (I know, I know, that's a gratuitous snark, but I couldn't help myself.)

6 comments:

Janiece said...

Bobby Jindal can kiss my lily white ass, too.

And we like that you indulge in gratuitous snark. Don't ever change.

Eric said...

Hey! Jim, I can see your house from here!

vince said...

Picture is marvelous, Jindal is a tool, snark was appropriate.

Nathan said...

What Eric said. LMAO.

Jeri said...

A friend in Anchorage wants to invite Jindal to tea on her patio among the ashfall - lapsang souchong (smoked tea) by choice. :)

Carol Elaine said...

Any snark regarding Jindal is not gratuitous.

Cool picture!